UC faculty has been very active in publishing their research and teaching outcomes.
Some sample papers that published recently areA Behavior-aware Profiling of Handheld Devices
By X.Wei, N.Valler,H.V.Madhyastha, I.Neamtiu, and M.Faloutsos, Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM, 2015An Open-Source Honeynet System to Study System Banner Message Effects on Hackers
By Stockman, M., Heile, R., & Ren, A. in ACM/SIGITE Research in IT Conference ‘15 Proceedings and the ACM Digital Library.Penetration Testing Curriculum Development in Practice
By Chengcheng Li, in Journal of Information Technology Education: Innovation in Practice, Vol.14, pp. 85-99, 2015
Our faculty have frequently given invited speaks and presentations to research and general communities.
Some of the recent presentations are
• Virginia Fritz, “University of Cincinnati and Saint Ursula Academy Partnership: Introducing Female High School Students to the Field of Information Technology”, Presented at the annual meeting of the SIGITE Conference, Chicago, IL, 2015
• Richard Harknett, “Cyberaggression: from Crime to War Or How Edward Snowden May have Signed the Death Warrant to Privacy and the Internet Itself,” Association for Rational Thought, January 11, 2014
• Richard Harknett, “National Cybersecurity Strategy,” United States Embassy, Vienna, Austria, April 25, 2012.
• Mark Stockman, 2015 NKU Cybersecurity Symposium, Highland Heights, KY. “Stop Thief - Applying Data Driven Crime Prevention Methods to Cyber”, Invited Presentation, October, 2015
• Mark Stockman, American Society of Criminology 70th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA. “Hacking Life-course Cyber criminology: US and Indian samples”, 2015
• Xuetao Wei, “A Behavior-aware Profiling of Handheld Devices”, IEEE INFOCOM, Hongkong, May 2015
• Xuetao Wei, “Whom does Your Android App Talk to?”, IEEE GLOBECOM, San Diego, CA, USA 2015
• Russell McMahon, Cincinnati ISACA Chapter Meeting, Speak Topic: “Database Security”, Sept 3, 2013
• Two book and book chapters in cybersecurity are published by UC’s OBR Distinguished Professor, Dharma Agrawal and Associate Professor Mark Stockman.
• "Introduction to Wireless and Mobile Systems," by Dharma Prakash Agrawal and Qing-an Zeng, published by Cengage 2016 ISBN-10: 1305087135 | ISBN-13: 9781305087132
• Stockman, M. (2011). Remotely Accessible Systems for the Computing Sciences Disciplines. In Azad, A., Auer, M.,& Harward, J. (Eds.), Internet-Based Remote Laboratories: Scalable E-Learning Tools for Engineering and Science Disciplines (pp. 380-396). ISBN-13: 978-1613501863 Hershey, PA: IGI Global Publishing.